Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Elevator Pitch

I just had an individual speech on Management Communication course 20 minutes ago. They call it "elevator pitch", since your speech is supposed to bring a so-called "climax" and at the end of the speech, everybody in the audience will have to be convinced by your speech, whatever topic you bring. You have got only 3-minutes' time!

I was super nervous for this speech although I did prepare for it like hell. I went through so many self-recorded practices, yet on the day itself, I felt so nervous on the stage that I felt choked and not a single word slipping out from my lips! Oh no.. Stage fright! I had to excuse myself to professor and had some gulps of water. Mustering my courage, I started the speech and everything went smoothly, followed by a face-to-face discussion session with the audience. Thanks, God, I did it! YAY!

Although we are trained hard by SMU with so many presentations every semester since year 1, I have never felt this much butterflies in my stomach before! After the speech, I was like "pheww" followed by a long *sighhhhhh* (Imagine my face with a big smile :D LOL!) Although I could see my classmates' stressful looks waiting for their turn to give their best shots for the elevator pitch, I couldn't help but smiling alone :DDDDDDDDD. Of course, I was also cheering up the one sitting next to me!

Cheers to all my buddies~
ALL THE BEST for your projects, presentations, quizzes, assignments, final exams, etc. (for whatever you gonna have haha)!!!!!

I know this is one crazy week (week 12) flooded with goddamn deadlines, but..
Have you *smiled* today? :)

Kyel Kywai Chain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...